Pierre firefighters quickly put out a vehicle fire Monday at Miracle Motors.
The 1994 Pontiac Bonneville was for sale, but wouldn’t start Monday morning, so employees jumped the battery and let it run to charge, Pierre Fire Department Chief Bill Alexander said.
“And then they looked outside and it was on fire,” he said.
Firefighters responded around 2:15 p.m. and were on scene for a little more than half an hour.
The vehicle was totaled, although the fire was contained to the engine compartment.
Alexander said engine problems are likely the cause.
No one was injured and no other vehicles were damaged in the fire.