All of The Capital Journal's coverage of the novel coronavirus outbreak
The Dakota Avenue exit off the Waldron Bridge over the Missouri River entering Pierre for the one-way one block to the Chamber of Commerce corner at 800 W. Dakota Avenue and James Street was closed Monday.
CONTACT US: 605-224-7301
ELECTIONS KEEP OUR DEMOCRACY ALIVE.
As U.S. citizens, it's our right and responsibility to vote
for leaders who represent our ideas and beliefs.
There has never been a more important time to subscribe to your local source of news and information. Get all the updates you need on candidates, their stance on issues, voting and polling information and more.
- Woman driving car hits, kills man near Hot Springs
- City, county boards in Pierre pass 2021 budgets with slight increases
- Govs cheer, dance compete at Raider Invite
- Community Calendar
- Court Report for Hughes County: June 25 to July 8
- Millions of grant dollars for three rail capital projects in S.D.
- Area blood drives for October
- Pierre Police Blotter: September 25-27
- Letter to the Editor: Senators turn 180 degrees
- Letter to the Editor: Where South Dakota senators stand
“Classes are a go,” Stanley County School District Superintendent Daniel Hoey told the Capital Journal on Monday of the planned Thursday retur…
The Sully Buttes Chargers football team got their first win of the season on Friday night. They defeated the Hitchcock-Tulare Patriots, 44-22,…
The Pierre T.F. Riggs Governors football team was without a few key starters on Friday night. They did not let that stop them, as they defeate…
Latest Breaking News
- Pierre Makes Masks Mandatory For High School and Middle School
- Stanley County Halts In-Person School and Sports Due To COVID
- Fort Pierre again restricts water usage
- Pioneer Supreme Ginsburg dies; Thune says Senate will vote on Trump nominee
- 110 COVID cases at Women's Prison in Pierre, state health officials say
“The ‘Best for Last” is an annual raffle fundraiser to support the programs, staff, and activities of the South Dakota Discovery Center. This …